Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Whats wrong with my Anthirium?

I have had this Flamingo Plant for 5 years and never had trouble with it before. Its still blooming, just finished a bloom last week,infact. But every so often one leaf starts yellowing and eventually the stem yellows until it falls off. It is a 10" pot with a self watering system so i add water about every 2 weeks. The water is well water. I haven't fertilized in at least 7 months and it sits in a northfacing window catching a little morning light from the east. I spin the plant every time I water it so the whole plant gets some sun. I can't figure it out and don't know what else to do. I only has 9 leaves left; 3 on each base stem. Does anyone know what is wrong? What I could do to fix the problem?

Whats wrong with my Anthirium?
Your Anthirium won't produce any leaves? It sounds like the other leaves are reaching their natural span of three weeks or so and then dying. Anthurium don't do well for me and it because my humidity and light intensity aen't high enough. If its blooming, it has to be a pretty good microclimate. Try a mini geen house approach, or a little more light. Good luck.
Reply:You need to divide and repot.


No comments:

Post a Comment